Owning a small business in Sydney is no small task, and it can be difficult to find the best job candidates in this bustling city. Luckily, there are recruitment companies Sydney businesses can use to assist with their recruitment efforts and find the right candidate for the job, all while saving them time and money.
In this article, we explain how to choose the best recruitment company to take the weight of the hiring process off your shoulders so that you can focus on running your business.
What You Need to Know About Recruitment in Sydney
Before beginning your recruitment process in Sydney, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
Know Where to Look
As one of Australia’s largest cities, there’s a large pool of candidates to choose from in Sydney. However, you may find that the more people there are to choose from, the more difficult it is to find the right person for the job.
To make sure the right people know about your open role, you must post your job opening in the right places. The best places to look for candidates depends on your industry and the role you’re hiring for.
If you post your job opening in the wrong place, you may end up with many applicants that are not qualified or even close to what you’re looking for. It can be overwhelming having to look through dozens or hundreds of applications, so you want to put yourself in a position where you’re only getting the best candidates for the job. The recruitment companies Sydney offers can step in to ensure that happens.
The best recruitment agencies assess applicants before they send them your way. They may even bring you candidates from their database that you may never have discovered, bringing you that much closer to filling your open role.
Know Australia Employment Law
Running a business in Sydney means you must follow Australia’s Labour and Employment Law to ensure you comply with your responsibilities and obligations as an employer.
Two of the most important legislations that you must adhere to include:
- Fair Work Act 2009 (with a few exceptions)
- State and Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws (including the Disability Discrimination Act 1992)
It can be difficult to keep up with compliance with these different legislations, especially during the recruitment process. The recruitment companies Sydney businesses love the most help them ensure compliance with Employment Law to avoid any roadblocks during the recruitment process.
For more information on recruitment law in Sydney, click here for our handy recruitment guide.
Understand Recruitment Costs
Another aspect of recruitment to consider is the cost of the recruitment process. There are two main costs associated with recruitment:
- Direct costs: These are the costs that contribute most to your overall cost per hire. Direct costs include advertising, background screenings and training.
- Overhead costs: Overhead costs: Overhead costs can be easy to miss as they may blend in with the everyday costs of running your business. However, these costs aren’t directly related to the recruitment process but should still be considered a portion of your overall recruitment expenses, so it’s important not to forget your overhead costs in your calculations. Examples of overhead costs include:
- Administrative costs
- Marketing costs
- Additional communication expenses.
With the cost of hiring ranging from around $10,000 to $35,000, depending on the seniority of the role, recruiting new employees for your Sydney business can be expensive. However, the recruitment companies Sydney has can offset these expenses by finding you the perfect candidate more efficiently.
How Recruitment Companies Help Sydney Businesses
Building a team for your Sydney business is not easy. Recruitment involves a large number of tasks, some of which include:
- Drafting a job description and posting on job boards
- Reviewing applications
- Following up with candidates and scheduling interviews
- Conducting reference checks and negotiating salary.
With so many tasks involved in the recruitment process, it can take a large chunk of your time to complete from beginning to end. Whether you’re making your first hire or your 50th, the process of recruitment can take you away from chasing that next job, servicing your clients or focussing on your customers.
Choosing the Best Recruitment Companies Sydney has to Offer
According to IBIS World, the recruitment agency market continues to steadily grow, meaning you have several options for the best recruitment agency to help you with your hiring needs. Sydney businesses have thousands of recruitment companies to choose from, each with its own specialties.
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a recruitment agency:
- Try to choose a recruitment company that knows your industry. They don’t have to solely specialise in your industry, but your agency of choice should be familiar with your particular industry to source appropriate candidates.
- Meet with different recruiters before committing to one. You want to spend time finding exactly the type of recruitment agency that will truly improve your recruitment processes.
- Have a well-established budget ready for recruitment that your recruitment agency of choice can work with.
- The best recruitment specialists are not necessarily the most expensive ones. Expensive recruitment services are not only often out of reach for small businesses, but they don’t offer the personalised experience that results in the most successful recruitment.
Recruitment Companies Sydney Businesses Can Depend On
A recruitment agency can help you bring in the best talent for your business while saving you time and money doing it.
Using a recruitment company in Sydney is not as expensive as you may think. In fact, it could save you money recruiting your own workers, trades or staff, especially if you choose a recruiter who specialises in providing small businesses with personalised service. HRonHand offers this type of experience.
Contact us at HRonHand to enquire about a package that suits your recruitment needs.